Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year New Way of Thinking

Well I am back. Things have been crazy around my house as usual, life with a toddler is so much more fun and not a lot gets done but she is happy and healthy what more can I ask for. Well a new year has started and with that a new way of thinking. I have decided to work on finding out more information about Family Preparedness. So I will have many post on what I have learned as I go about this adventure.

So lets get started. I just got the book in the mail from a dear friend (thank you Nancy)
" Just in Case: How to Be Self-Sufficient When the Unexpected Happens" by Kathy Harrison. I have only been reading it for a few days but I have to say What I thought I knew is nothing compared to what this women knows. I also want to give a great deal of thanks to a friend of mine from out in Utah. Andrea Urban is someone I have had the pleasure of getting to know and I am so thankful for her experience. Andrea has really opened my eyes to being prepared and I would suggest to anyone to take a look at her blog and get prepared.
Andrea's Blog is
http://letusprepare.blogspot.com The information is priceless. Andrea also covers a great deal of information.

I would also suggest to anyone who wants to learn more to check out the yahoo groups on food storage and family preparedness.

Well I am happy to say that I am well on my way to getting started on this journey and I will be taking it one step at a time. Stay tuned there will be more to come.

No comments: